Saturday, October 3, 2015

On the Same Page


Ashe County Arts Center
Ashe County, North Carolina, holds a wonderful literary festival each year, and this year I participated in it. On the Same Page was held September 15 - 19 with events like author presentations, luncheons, and a book fair. I was only able to do the one day of the book fair on Friday, September 18, but it gave me a taste of what the event offered. Many of the events were held at the Ashe County Arts Center.


West Jefferson itself is a quaint town, filled with unique features, support for the arts, and a hometown feel. As I walked the streets on Friday, they were also having an antique sale. I went to the West Jefferson Coffee House for lunch with other book lovers, including another author. The food was good, although a bit expensive, but I enjoyed the time and the fellowship. 


That afternoon, I set up to sell my two historical novels set in the Appalachian Mountains - very appropriate for this town nestled in the Appalachians. Although I didn't sell as many books as I would have liked (I never do), I did sell more than any other vendor, except for a local publishing house who displayed nearly 100 books. I certainly enjoyed meeting the people and talking about my books. I even sold my first set to be given as a Christmas gift.
______________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment