Wednesday, October 14, 2015

National Dessert Day


That's right, October 14th is national dessert day, so, if you're looking for a reason to splurge, this is it. You can forget about the calories and fat grams for one day and celebrate with your favorite dessert. What will it be - chocolate cake, apple pie, an ice cream sundae, or (my favorite) cheesecake? The choices are almost endless. 


It's easy to come up with great desserts. If you enjoy cooking, you can make your own; buy them at the store; or just go to a restaurant and enjoy someone else's cooking. Think of a dessert you would like to make, and you'll likely find a recipe for it online. Or better yet, experiment and come up with your own original recipe. Almost everyone I know loves a good dessert.


Some of the online sites about the day suggest that we have a dessert at every meal today. Um-m-m, I wonder if tomorrow is national fasting day. Maybe I'll walk four miles instead of two. Oh, well, I'll decide on that tomorrow. Now, I just need to decide on which desserts to celebrate today with.


________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment