Sunday, December 28, 2014

New Beginnings

When I taught school, I felt that each new school year was a new beginning for me and the students. Not many professions have that - a chance to learn from the past, become better, and start over.

"And that ye may teach the children of Israel all the statutes which the Lord hath spoken unto them by the hand of Moses" (Leviticus 10:11).


Writing is like that, too. With each manuscript that I've written, I've learned, and my writing has grown stronger. Certainly, I learned much from working with an editor on Cleared for Planting, my Christian novel, and the next in the series, Sown in Dark Soil, should be even stronger because of it. I expect each subsequent book will show growth. On each one, I get to start over.

"And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full. This then is the message which we heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all" (1 John"1:4-5).

God gives us that chance with our lives, too. When we accept Christ as our Savior, the old persons we were are swept away, and we can start fresh with the Holy Spirit as our guide. And each time we fail, we are forgiven by God's grace and given new opportunities. Isn't it fitting that we celebrate the birth of Christ a week before we begin a new calendar year. In 2015 may we all follow God's plans for our lives and be the people He intended for us to be.

"Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold all things are become new" (2 Corinthians 5:17).



_____________________________________________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment