Thursday, January 1, 2015

A Take on Time

As we click into a new year, we usually think about time in some way - times in the past, right now, and how much the future might hold. Do you agree with Einstein that time is relative? It sure can seem so.

Do you remember how slowly time crawled as a child. The time between Christmases or birthdays seemed to take forever. At first, I can remember looking forward to turning twelve where I wouldn't be so "little" anymore. When I was twelve, I couldn't wait to get to sixteen, when I could get my driver's license. Funny thing, though, when I got to be an adult, it wasn't as gloriously freeing as I had imagined.


Now, time has taken a fast track. It seems that I barely get one year's Christmas tree put away before I am turning around and putting up another one. I switch out summer clothes for fall and winter ones (my closet won't hold both), and with a snap of my fingers, it's time to pack up the winter ones and get out those for spring and 
summer. 


We often stay so busy that we fail to enjoy the time we have. As a pastor's wife, I don't know how many times I've heard people say they don't have the time to do something, even attend church. I read a comment years ago that has always stuck with me. We all have the same amount of time in each day. The difference is in how we choose to spend them. How you choose to spend your time says a lot about you. Maybe we all need to do a little self-examination as we begin 2015 and make more conscious choices on how we budget our time.


_________________________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment