Sunday, January 4, 2015



Knowing the Lord Intimately

One of the books I'm reading now is The Listening Heart: Hearing God in Prayer by Judy Gordon Morrow. I have just started it, but it's already touching me. I decided to share a portion with you today, along with some Bible verses to ponder. She explains how the life she was living all fell apart. Then she says:


 Away from all family and longtime friends, I counted on one constant: God. I knew of one source of peace and hope and unconditional love: God. I found out when every prop gets knocked out from under you there is always One who remains: God. He proved to me that He in His fullness is more than enough.

Although I had known Jesus since I was a young child, I didn't know how intimately He desired to be involved in every detail of my life. In getting to know Him daily on a deeper level, I came to love Him like never before - and I learned to trust His wild and wonderful ways in my life. The result? Absolute wonder at every juncture of my journey....   [Kindle location 94-97]

"Turn ye unto me, saith the Lord of hosts, and I will turn unto you, saith the Lord of hosts" (Zechariah 1:3b).

"Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth" (Colossians 3:15).

"Master, which is the great commandment in the Law? Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind" (Matthew 23:37).


"Delight thyself also in the Lord; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart" (Psalm 37:4) 

"Oh, Lord, our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth!" (Psalm 8:9).
_________________________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment