Friday, April 15, 2016


Standing Strong

Seek the Lord and his strength, seek his face continually (1 Chronicles 16:11).

God is not looking for strong people with great abilities that He can use. He wants followers who realize how weak they are and know they must rely on Him. This is where the weak become strong, but the strong will falter. If we allow God to be our strength, we'll be amazed at what He will do through us.

...for by strength shall no man prevail (1 Samuel 2:9c).

I'm constantly amazed at how God touches people through my writing. I can look back and see God's hand grooming me to be an author all along, but it's only with hindsight that I can see it. I'm so grateful He gave me this gift I can use to glorify Him, but I'm also humbled by it. I pray that I will always be humbled and know that it's all about Him and not about me. That's why I donate all my profits to a scholarship fund for missionary children.

Fear thou not; for I am with thee; be not dismayed; for I am thy God; I will strengthen thee; (Isaiah 41:10a).

What abilities have you been blessed with that you can use to serve God and bring Him glory? All of us have them. Are you using them in the way He wants? The more you recognize how much you need Him, the more you'll surrender to Him; and the more you allow Him to be your strength, the more meaning your life will have. That's when you'll be the strongest and most satisfied you've ever been - not because of you but because of Him.

Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart; all ye that hope in the Lord (Psalm 31:24).

God is my strength and power and he maketh my way perfect (2 Samuel 2:33).
_____________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment