Friday, April 1, 2016

Following Christ

(This is my Christian message that I usually post on Sunday, but I'm going to be blogging three times a week instead of daily, beginning today. I'll be posting on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. Therefore, I won't be doing a blog this Sunday, April 3, or on Sundays thereafter.)


Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me (John 14:6).

Are you following Christ? Many people would answer "yes," but are they really? Christ-followers are not pew-sitters. They can't be, because He goes out into the neighborhood where the hurting and needy are. Oh, he attended the temple, but most of the time he was teaching, healing, guiding, and helping. If you follow Christ, you'll be where He is.


Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

All Christians are supposed to be ambassadors for Christ. How well do you do your job? We were never supposed to sit in church and expect people to come to us. We're supposed to go out and help the Shepherd bring them in. His Spirit will direct us. All we have to do is be obedient.

Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you; and, lo, I am with oul alway, even unto the end of the world (Matthew 28:19-20).

God has never asked for people who have know-how. He only wants people who are willing. If you don't think you have the ability for the task, all the better. You'll rely more on God and be better off for it. Wherever your inabilities and weaknesses lie, pray for God's help. He will answer, and you'll likely be amazed. So no more excuses. Be a Christ-follower and go forth!
______________________________________



No comments:

Post a Comment