Sunday, November 2, 2014

Joy Be

And now come I to thee; and these things I speak in the world, that they might have my joy fulfilled in themselves (John 17:13).

Have you ever been so filled with God's love, so overcome with His presence that you didn't think you could contain it all? You felt almost as if you might burst with it, but it was too wonderful to describe. Do you often cry tears of joy when you go to Him in prayer, because you feel Him with you, and He's so overwhelmingly awesome. 



Thou hast made known to me the ways of life; Thou shalt make me full of joy with thy countenance (Acts 2:28).

It took me a while to realize in order to experience this type of joy, I had to empty myself of self and the selfishness it demands and totally surrender to God. When I'm empty, the Holy Spirit can completely fill me and take over. Then I actually become a person I like, the one God has always meant me to be - His. I really don't have to do anything but surrender and let Him work. It's not me who can do anything good, but Him in me.

For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost (Romans 13:17).

God wants to give this indescribable joy to all His children. He wants us to find our delight in Him. If you haven't found it, just ask Him to help you, and He will.

Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost (Romans 15:13).
_________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment