Friday, January 1, 2016

A New Year

2015 was an exciting year for me. In March the print version of my first novel, Cleared for Planting, came out and I began promoting it. Besides being on a radio show, being featured in two magazines, and having write-ups in newspapers, I did 23 book signings all across the state of North Carolina and even took some to Missouri, Nevada, and Tennessee. That averages out to more than one every other week.


In August, I had the privilege of attending a writers' retreat in Lake Tahoe and visiting with two of my favorite authors, MaryLu Tyndall and Tamara Leigh. Then, in September, my second novel, Sown in Dark Soil, was released, and the excitement rekindled. Now the third one, Uprooted by War, is with the publisher, and it should be out before March. 


In fact, by all indications, 2016 is shaping up to be just as thrilling. I have one last book, Transplanted to Red Clay, to bring out in the Appalachian Roots Series, and it should be out sometime during the year. In addition, I'm working on self-publishing my first book. It's a stand-alone entitled When Winter is Past and is set in Pennsylvania in 1739. It is likely to be out in ebook form sometime this month and in print soon after that. There's also many more possibilities, and I can hardly wait to see what 2016 has in store. Isn't it exciting!

____________________________________



No comments:

Post a Comment