Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Unforeseen Blessings


I love writing and see it as a blessing. It's thrilling to think God has called me to do something I enjoy so much. But then, that's usually how we feel when we strive to serve Him. Bible scholars have often written that this is one component in the ways we can use to determine His will for us.


Apart from writing itself, however, I've also had other blessings come from this new career of mine. I had no idea when my publisher told me I needed to create a website, blog, and be on social media that God would be able to use all these avenues. I write a Christian message for one of my blogs each week, and God has used it to touch people for Him. In addition, I get to use all my profits to provide scholarships for missionary children to attend school. Although I'm fully aware that nothing is impossible with Him, He continues to amaze me.


I've made so many friends and supporters through my writing, and some of us have become close. Many fellow writers and readers have friended me on facebook or followed me on twitter. I've gone places and made friends that I would have never made if I hadn't been promoting my books. I'm slowly gaining a very solid fan-base, and I appreciate every one of my readers. The whole process of writing has been generously sprinkled with unexpected blessings.




_____________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment