Friday, November 25, 2016

Let God Write Your Story

For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness (Romans 4:3).

Like me, you may often struggle with knowing God's will and wish He'd just clearly show what to do and what He wants. But he wants us to trust Him through faith. That's what Abraham and other fathers of our faith did in the Bible. And God tends to guide us step by step without showing us the whole picture. It's how we learn to rely on Him.


Write the things which thou hast seen, the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter (Revelations 1:19).


Many of you may know that I'm a Christian writer. Maybe that's why Bo Stern's paragraph in Beautiful Battlefields spoke to me so clearly. I buy the book and give it to people going through struggles, especially serious health problems. Look at what she wrote:

God who knows the whole story can be trusted with all the days that fill its pages, but it's always tempting to pick up the pen ourselves. When it seems like the plotline is spinning out of control or when the hero is taking too long to arrive on the scene, I want to take over. I want to make my own happy ending, or at least take a sneak peek at the post-battle pages so that I know everything will turn out okay if I trust Him with my life. I'm finding, though, that He is a page-by-page, line-by-line God. He shows up in every word, in every syllable, and he proves Himself trustworthy every time. And in the process of watching the story unfold, I am drawn closer to His presence and more fully dependent on His provision (kindle location 400-415).

I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly (John 10:10b).

We can depend on God to write our story in the best possible way once we surrender totally to Him. I want Him to be the author of my life and not coauthor with me or the editor who cleans up my messes once the manuscript is written. That's what He wants too, and that's life at its fullest, the way it's meant to be.
________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment