Friday, November 11, 2016

Enough Faith
 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing. If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men shall gather them and cast them into the fire, and they are burned (John 15: 4-6)


As a Christian, if we don't surrender our lives to Christ and bear fruit, our faith will wither. If you don't have a close, personal relationship with the Lord, you're not "abiding" in Christ. The more you put your trust in Him and the more you surrender, the more your faith will grow. But you need to rely on Him to do it, and not try to grow on your own.

(Read Hebrews 11)


Belief and faith are not the same thing, although we sometimes use them as synonyms, and they do have similarities. We say, “I believe in you” or “I have faith in you.” However, Satan believes in God, but he doesn’t put his faith in Him. Instead, Satan has faith in himself, and he’d like for you to put your faith in yourself too. Belief is a thought. Faith is a response that requires action based on that thought. Abraham had faith that whatever God told him to do was for the best. Elijah had faith that God would light that drenched altar on Mt. Carmel, and the fire came down (1Kings 18:22-39). If Elijah only believed that God could light the fire on the altar, the wet wood might have never caught fire. Faith allowed Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego to go into a fiery furnace with confidence.

And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God. For verily I say unto you, That whoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith (Mark 11:22-23).

My mother always seemed so strong in her faith. She's partly responsible for teaching me to walk in faith. She once made the comment that she didn't have enough faith, and I was floored. But, in one sense, none of us have enough faith, and this is especially true if we try to grow it. God is the vinedresser and Jesus is the vine. They grow our faith. But it's never too late to cultivate that field, and the place to start is in prayer. Pray today that He will deepen your faith and help you surrender totally to Him. The fruits you produce when that happens will be amazing.
____________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment