Monday, August 12, 2024

 Why I Write

Recently, I did a guest blog about how and why I became an author. (See guest blog.) I enjoyed focusing on my real reason for writing and sharing it with others. I write for God's glory, hope that my books will always inspire and motivate, and pray that they deliver messages that God wants and can use.

This past week, I did a week-long online event where I agreed to focus on a Western book that involved a cattleman. I chose one of my books in the Hers to Redeem collection, Boone's Burden. That called to mind a touching review that talks about how the reader ended up evaluating her own Christian walk:  


"It is sad to see someone who is a Christian and yet does not see himself as God sees him . . . forgiven. Sometimes culture and opinions of others stir up self-doubts as well. Boone is one of those people. Though he has sworn never to marry because of past behavior, God has other plans for him. It's a hard journey for Boone to forgive himself and becomes even more challenging when he meets the preacher's daughter in church. Made me think of how I might be part of that culture that judges instead of encouraging others in their walk with God! Changed my heart and mind!"

I've had many other examples of this. One reader was struggling to be the caregiver for her husband whose health was declining rapidly with Alzheimer's. She read one of my Christian romances and told me that it reminded her of what she and her husband once had and why she wanted to do everything she could to help him now. Her testimony brought tears to my eyes and still does sometimes. These people encourage me to keep writing.

I write for God. I pray that He directs everything for His purposes and His glory. I'm humbled that he called me to serve Him in this way and amazed when I look back on my life and see how he trained me and directed my paths to bring me to this point without me understanding it at the time.  Now and always, to Him be the glory!

_______________________

No comments:

Post a Comment