Monday, August 5, 2024

 

Carmen and the Gypsies

I have traveled quite a bit, and I've noticed that many of the European countries still have small bands of gypsies, a group that I've always found fascinating. It's always been in the back of my mind to write a novel including them. My chance came when I became a part of the multiple-author collection, The Matchmaker & the Mother-In-Law. However, it wasn't until I chose my book cover from the ones offered that I locked onto the idea. By the time I saw them to select mine, the only one I liked was a Spanish-looking woman. I remembered the gypsies I saw on my trips to Spain, and Carmen's Wedding Dilemma was born.

In the book, although Carmen was born in America, her parents and grandparents had been gypsies in Spain. Once here, they decided it would be better to hide their gypsy heritage. After the Civil War began, they moved to Utah, and her father started a horse ranch. When Carmen becomes a young woman, her parents decide that Mateo should be her matchmaker. After all, who has her best interest at heart more than a girl's father.

Holden Judd's mother is driving him crazy, trying to match him with a woman he has nothing in common with. When he goes to buy horses from Matteo for his livery business, he keeps returning, and it doesn't take long for him to fall in love with Carmen. However, his mother is determined to break them up, even if she has to be secretive about it. Carmen's Wedding Dilemma published today (August 5th) and is available for Kindle, KU, print, and Audible. Check it out - link to Carmen's Wedding Dilemma.
(Available for Kindle, KU, print, & Audible)

__________________________


1 comment: