Thursday, July 20, 2023

Blogging Mystery


The strangest thing has happened, and I can't explain it. While my husband and I took a long road trip to South Dakota, I didn't blog. I posted that I would stop for a short while and then return to it. During the three weeks I didn't post blogs, my daily page visits soared, getting as many as  947 and always having numbers in the triple digits. However, now that I'm home and blogging again, the numbers have dropped drastically. I don't understand it.

I have always been faithful in posting my blogs, thinking that consistency would draw more readers since they would know when to expect them. I began by blogging seven days a week, but an expert told me that was too often, and I soon discovered she was right, so I moved to three times a week. As I published more books, managing everything became more involved, and I dropped to posting a blog about books or writing on Mondays and a Christian blog on Thursdays, and that's where I've been for the last few years.

Since the blogging mystery, I've been wondering if it matters when I post. I've decided to take more time off from blogging when situations warrant, and not worry about it, although I still plan to post on Mondays and Thursdays most of the time. Tomorrow (7-20-23), I have a book signing for most of the day, and I don't plan to post my regular Christian blog. I will post this instead. If you have any thoughts on any of this, please let me know. I'll see how the more flexible blogging works and then reassess everything.

___________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment