Monday, September 26, 2022

Books and Blogs

I've always thought that a good writer could write almost anything they wanted to. I used to write for magazines, and, with the proper research and interviews, I wrote on many topics I knew little about. I guess, the old adage that there're always exceptions to any rule holds true here, however.

One of my favorite authors, who writes wonderful novels, just became part of a team who blogs daily.  Her blogs are rambling pieces that wander all over the place with little cohesiveness, and they're hard to follow. I was shocked because her novels are nothing like this, and I've never seen anything similar with the other authors I follow.

I don't know what to make of it. Does she have a competent editor who keeps her on track in her book manuscripts, or is there another reason for the difference? I wish I knew. I find it discerning, but I plan to keep reading those page-turning novels, although I may approach her blogs with more caution. 

______________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment