Monday, May 30, 2022

Why So Many Preorders?

I would prefer to not have more than two preorders available at any one time on Amazon. I've always been afraid if I offered my readers too many at once, they might be overwhelmed. But recently, I've had to offer more for different reasons, and it doesn't look as if this is going to change. In fact, the number is apt to increase. 

The narrators who produce my Audible books like to have the Audible version available at the same time the Kindle and print versions of a book are published. I understand and can even agree. To do this, I need to list the preorder at least two months before the release date. ACX has recently approved the Audible version of A Few Bumps in the Road which means it went live. The other formats will release on June 3. Douglas Birk and Jennifer Groberg are working on the Audible for Got Your Goat. The Kindle and print versions of it will publish on July 14.  I had planned to wait to post the last book in this series, Taking Stock, for preorder until after A Few Bumps in the Road publishes. However, I got word this week that two of my books in a MAP (multiple-author project) must be listed for preorder on June 1. Since I wanted all five books in my Idioms & Cliches series to be offered in order, I decided to go ahead and post Taking Stock.

MAPS are another reason I find myself posting several preorders at one time. The project administrator tells the authors when to put their books up for preorders. After publishing my five books in the Idioms & Cliches series, I'll be releasing five more books in different MAP series this year. Then I'll be publishing four standalones and eight to ten MAPS next year. Since 2023 is going to have such a full schedule, I can foresee having even more preorders listed at the same time. I'm hoping readers and fans will appreciate the opportunity. I think they will because they're always asking when my next book will be out and saying they're ready for it.


_____________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment