Monday, May 16, 2022

Which Format Is Best?

I've noticed that more and more authors are only publishing ebooks. For whatever reason, they've decided to forgo releasing print or audible versions. I can understand why because I, too, sell many more Kindle books than any other kind. However, I have a rather large fan base that still reads only print books, and I don't want to neglect them.

 I think the fact that the author makes more money on each print sale compensates for the fewer number sold. And having print books also allows me to sell them at book signings and presentations. Some readers appreciate having copies signed by the author too.

Audible book sales are getting better all the time. When ebooks first came out, they weren't as popular either. It took some time for the market to grow. I can see this happening with audible. I enjoy all three versions. I prefer print books when I do research or it's a signed copy from a favorite author. I like ebooks when I read for entertainment because I love how I can adjust options, such as the font size, to fit my needs. They are also easy to store. I have around 7,000 books in my Kindle library. And I enjoy audibles when I drive alone, exercise, or do menial household chores. Because of all this, I plan to keep publishing in all three formats.

__________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment