Monday, May 9, 2022

 

Reflections on Audible Books

Yesterday, a narrator finished my newest Audible book, and we submitted it to ACX for their approval and publication. They have now worked out some of their time-lag difficulties, and it should be available in one to two weeks. Brad Leaf actually finished A Few Bumps in the Road ahead of schedule, and the audible version may publish a little ahead of the print and ebook which will release on June 3rd.

I started putting my books on Audible after I discovered how much I enjoyed listening to a good book while driving alone, exercising, or doing menial household tasks. I start looking for the best narrator for each particular book as soon as I make it available for preorder. I love the process of finding the best match, but I don't like having to tell some who submit samples no.

As I suspected they would be, audiobooks are a growing market. I now have sold Audible books well into the four-digit numbers, and I continue to sell more each year. Sales still aren't as good as ebooks, but I'm always excited to produce an Audible book and hear how the narrator brings the story to life.

______________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment