Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Some Aspects of Audibles


Amazon Audibles are still a growing market. Although some of mine have done quite well, they still don't do as well on Amazon as my ebooks. However, there was a time when ebooks were also a growing market and didn't do as well as print books. That is no longer true. In the audio-video world, we live in, I think downloaded audiobooks will become increasingly popular. I have more and more people all the time who tell me they mo longer read any print books. They want to hear or see a story. We can lament this all we want, but it is becoming increasingly true.


I must say, I enjoy all forms of books. My enjoyment of audiobooks is partially what led me to put my books on Audible. I love to listen to a book while I drive long distances. I wouldn't walk my two miles a day six days a week if I didn't have my book to listen to. Once, I felt too sick to do anything else, even read, but I could pass the time listening to a good book. It helped get my mind off how I felt, too. I still read as many books as ever, but I've become quite a fan of listening to a good book as well.


https://www.amazon.com/Mountain-Mishap-Janice-Cole-Hopkins-
ebook/dp/B0756RMKL6
I know several authors who have recorded a few Audible books but then quit - I presume because they didn't sell enough. I think this is a mistake. All it costs me to bring out an Audible book is my time, and there's already a good-sized fan base there. In addition, I feel sure this will only grow over time. In fact, I'm seeing more interest in them each day. I find both sides of it fun. I like listening to audiobooks, but I also like the process of working with narrators to produce them. 
_______________________________



No comments:

Post a Comment