Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Unfriend Me

Many of you may know that Amazon has gotten more aggressive to make sure no family or friends leave a review for an author's book. They even check who you're friends with on Facebook and other social media sites. I've had some of my own reviews not accepted because I was online friends with Pepper Basham, Tamara Lee, Marylu Tyndall, etc. I have also had some of the reviews for my books removed because fans had friended me, I accepted, and therefore Amazon would not accept their reviews of my books.

I can understand Amazon's intent, but as an author, I have nearly 3,000 friends on Facebook alone. I have never met most of them, and being friends on Facebook doesn't mean we are actual friends or even acquaintances. Having online friends is an entirely different matter, especially for 
public figures.

However, now, before I leave a book review, I check and unfriend the author if necessary. I am hoping my online friends will do the same. They can still keep up with me by liking my author's page, but it's better that we not be friends online. I need the reviews much more than I need another online friend. What a shame that it must be this way!
______________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment