Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Check Google


Authors, you should google yourself occasionally, and readers, you should google your favorite author. It's amazing what you can find. I do this about two or three times a year, and just recently, I see that Walmart has picked up most of my books to carry, and they discount them slightly. I didn't know.


This happened because I choose a wider distribution for the books I publish, even though that option pays almost nothing in royalties when compared to buying from me, Amazon, or similar online sites. I figure it's a way to gain readers and fans I might not have otherwise. My publishers take care of all distribution on the ones they publish, but theirs are also on Walmart's list.


In fact, I'm amazed at how many outlets for my books Google gives. It's also been interesting to see how this has grown over the few years I've been publishing. A well-known author friend once told me that the key to marketing success is to write and publish as many good books as possible. I've found this to be true. I wonder where I'll find my books next.
__________________________________

2 comments:

  1. That's really interesting. I got the same advice about writing as many good books as possible. Now I need to Google myself. It's been a while. :-)

    ReplyDelete