Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Word Is Getting Out


I expected It All Started at the Masquerade to be released in November, but that didn't happen. Publishing was delayed, and it came out right before Christmas. I can't decide if this was a good or bad time to release it. I guess time will tell. The book is out now on Amazon, online stores, and bookstores can order them. I'm to get my copies on January 10th.


I like what I'm hearing about the book. Readers are telling me it might just be my best one yet. It is sort of a Beauty and the Beast story set in the eastern part of North Carolina in 1795. That was always my favorite fairy story. For more about the plot and characters see the blog for November 1, 2017, or go to Amazon. You can also read the beginning of the book there. Although I'm hearing lots of good comments about the book, no reviews are forthcoming. I don't know why my fans are so reluctant to leave reviews.

The novel was fun to write and gave me several surprises. When I conceived the idea, I had no idea the main characters would be from the wealthy class. I originally thought I might set it in Bath or Edenton, two of the earliest towns in North Carolina. However, I decided to set it closer to where I live because of the research needed, so I put it in the Winton and Colerain areas. But the main characters sail down the Chowan River to go to a masquerade ball in Edenton, and that starts the journey for Melanie and Lucas that will bring them to the conclusion.


___________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment