Wednesday, December 13, 2017

It's Not Just the Numbers


It's easy for authors (and others) to get caught up in the numbers game. We find ourselves doing things like maintaining all kinds of records on how many books are sold and keeping tabs on how many reviews each book has. At a recent book signing, I was reminded again of how my books can have an impact, and if it's just one person, that's enough.


Cindy came near the end of the book signing, and her enthusiasm was contagious. I still have trouble believing readers are so excited to meet me. She'd read Promise on the recommendation of a friend and loved it. The thirty-something mother had three adopted children, and one was bi-racial. Promise spoke to her heart. She bought the rest of that series and three others and even left an additional donation to the scholarship fund.

I've had many other readers who've told me what a difference my books have made in their lives - reminding them of God's truths, delivering God's messages, inspiring, and encouraging. However, Cindy sent me a strong reminder of why I write, and that it's not about the numbers.
_________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment