Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Book Covers

The first books I published, I published with a traditional publisher, and I loved the work their graphic designer did in designing the covers. However, since the publishing process is slow, I decided in order to get all my manuscripts in print, I'd also give independent publishing a try. When I did, I discovered that I also love designing book covers.

I designed both the covers for the two indies I've published so far. Now, when I write a new manuscript, I also design some possible covers for it, just because I like graphic design so much. I should have known, since I've always loved and dabbled in arts and crafts. However, I never thought about it before. Designing covers is just another blessing that came from my writing.


I don't have the program to do the print covers with the spines and back covers, but my designs work great for e-books, and I can get someone to make the print cover for me using what I design for the front. Here are some more of my covers, and I have more samples. Since they haven't been published yet, I've included a watermark so they can't be copied directly and used. I would design a cover for $50 if I furnish the photo or graphic or $25 if the author furnishes it. Now, that's a deal!
































___________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment