Thursday, September 22, 2016

Age Doesn't Matter


Age really doesn't matter when it comes to serving God. If He calls you, He will equip you with what you need for the task, and it doesn't matter how young or how old you are. I often hear people saying something like, "I'm too old to do mission work," and I internally shake my head. I serve a God can do the impossible. He won't call someone to something and not enable them to do it. Our attitude should be "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me" (Philippians 4:13).


The Bible is filled with examples of both the young and the old being called by God. David was young when he faced and killed the giant. Mary was just a teenager when she was chosen to be Jesus' earthly mother. Abraham was somewhere between 75 and 135 (depending on which source you use) when he left Haran with all he owned to go to wherever God led him. Moses was 80 years old when he stood before Pharaoh and said, "Let my people go," and then he wandered 40 more years in the desert. The apostle John was 100 when he penned "Revelation," his vision from God, while imprisoned on the island of Patmos.

Now also when I am old and greyheaded, O God, forsake me not; until I have shewed thy strength unto this generation, and thy power to every one that is to come (Psalm 71:18).

Have we Christians done a good job of revealing God to the younger generations? In looking at the values of modern society, the answer is likely "no." What are we going to do about it? It's never too late as long as we have breath left in us. So, no matter your age, turn to God and let Him direct you. Never think that you can't do something. Know that you can do anything God calls you to do through Christ. Go forth!
_______________________________________




No comments:

Post a Comment