Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Off the Beaten Path

When I was growing up, my family often went for a Sunday afternoon drive after church and dinner. I loved to see new sights and discover signs of the past. People don't do that much anymore. For one thing, gas has gotten too expensive, and, for another, we don't seem to have as much leisure time.


There was also a time, when I rode the backroads to take pictures. I was writing magazine articles then and took my own photographs for illustrations. In addition, I found I also liked photography. I don't do this in the same way anymore, either. Although I'm taking more photos again to post on my blogs, whenever possible, I tend to take them as I need to go somewhere else, instead of making a special trip. I find myself wishing I had all those slides I made for possible magazine use in a digital format now. Then, I'd really have plenty of subjects to blog about.


The fun thing about going off the main roads and driving the countrysides is you never know what you may find - old homes, an old country store, quirks of nature, buildings from days long gone, old farm equipment, the possibilities are unlimited. We just need to open our eyes to what's around us.



______________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment