Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Two in One


I just published two novellas and then combined them to make one print book. I'm not sure how often this has been done before, but it was a first for me. This is also the first time I have enrolled in Kindle Unlimited because I didn't want to limit my other books to just Amazon. So far, this new venture seems to be working well.  
 https://www.amazon.com/Time-Told-Tales-Janice-Cole-Hopkins/dp/1798059363


I decided to take the classic fairy tales, rewrite them taking out all the fantasy and make-believe, and make them into romantic, historical novellas set in the Middle Ages. Mainly because of limited vocabulary, this has been challenging, but I'm enjoying it. I published the ebook, Roslyn's Rescue, first, which is loosely based on "Little Red Riding Hood." Readers are telling me they love it.
https://www.amazon.com/Roslyns-Rescue-Janice-Cole-Hopkins-ebook/dp/B07MDSJKJC (also free on kindle unlimited)


Next, I published Glenda's Gold, which is a retelling of "Rumplestiltskin." I was shown how to have Glenda realistically come up with the gold thread from a passage in the Bible. Finally, I combined the two to form Part One and Part Two of the print book, Time-Told Tale, Volume One. The novellas have sold well on Amazon, and the print volume has sold well for me.
https://www.amazon.com/Glendas-Gold-Time-Told-Tales-Book-ebook/dp/B07NBSCLW6  (also free on kindle unlimited)


I have plans to bring out more stories in the same format. I'm thinking about Patricia's Prison (Rapunzel) and Jack's Jewel (Jack and the Beanstalk) for the next novellas. Of course, the print version will be Time-Told Tales, Volume Two. Feedback from readers has been positive, and I'm finding this to be fun.


________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment