Friday, March 1, 2019

Science vs Christianity


After I spoke to a Christian women's group last week, the mother of a former student came to me. Her son majored in science at a state university and has abandoned his once strong faith. She was concerned, and now I'm praying along with her. But this got me to thinking. Science doesn't have to be and shouldn't be opposed to faith. Science is simply the study of how God created, organized, and set up the universe to work. I have many friends in the field of science who are strong Christians.

For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord (Isaiah 55:8).


John Scopes
I think the rift between the two became much greater and was spotlighted with the Scopes trial in 1925. The trial was staged to draw attention to the theory of evolution in the form that man had descended from apes. Since this disregarded the story of God creating man and then woman from the Bible, it started a great controversy. The trial got the attention those behind it wanted, and the theory of man's evolution has lasted, although the "missing link" needed to substantiate the theory has never been found.

For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts (Isaiah 55:9).


Dr. Ben Carson is one of those in the field of science who maintains his Christian faith. He tells of an incident when a man was trying to debate him on man's evolution. Finally, becoming rather frustrated with the man, Dr. Carson told him tongue-in-cheek something to this effect: "I believe that my all-knowing, all-powerful God created me, and you are trying to convince me that you evolved from a monkey. You are doing a good job of convincing me that, in your case, you might be right."


_________________________________


1 comment:

  1. ....in love, we proclaim the TRUTH. And this TRUTH is of the Jewish Messiah YAHSHUWAH Jesus, The Lion of Yudah, The Prince Of Peace. Everything seen and unseen, created by him and for him, the " I AM ", YAHSHUWAH Jesus, the Son of God. Ref: EXODUS 3:14; COLOSSIANS 1:14-17. Amein.

    ReplyDelete