Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Author Time Management


I'm finding that, as the number of books I publish grows and my sales increase, it's taking more and more time to manage it all. This is something I had not thought of prior to being published. Although I don't mind most of the activities, what I really enjoy most is the actual writing. Yet, I'm finding less and less time for this.


Of course, promoting and marketing require time, but record keeping has also become much more time-consuming. In addition, I sell many print books at signings and events, and maintaining the inventory requires attention. I've always devoted as much time to my writing as I would to any other job or career, but I would like to spend over half of it in writing. I haven't been able to do that lately.


Since I'm still struggling with all this, I'm not sure what the best answer is. Do I cut back on something, or do I try to keep on as I have been? I have 17 books out now; and I have a feeling, as the number continues to grow, the problem will only get worse. However, I realize this is a good problem to have. Sales have been increasing nicely, and I recognize the blessings I have.


________________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment