Saturday, February 20, 2016

A New Opportunity

Besides my newest book, When Winter Is Past, being released, I've had several exciting situations come up recently. One is a regional magazine asked me to write articles for them. The editor has been reading some of my blogs, and he'd published an article about my first novel last spring. He thought I'd be a good fit for his readers, but he doesn't have a budget to hire writers.


After some back and forth and much deliberation on my part, we decided to give it a try. I used to write for magazines, and enjoyed it then, but my interests have turned to writing my novels now. However, we bartered - a concept that I like. He is going to trade me advertising space in his magazine for me writing the articles.


This is a quarterly magazine that may switch to publishing every-other-month. An issue often has a theme, which helps me focus my articles. The editor said that I could expand on some of my blogs, and the article only needs to be from 600 to 1,000 words. After writing 85,000 word novels, this doesn't seem like much at all.


I've completed my article for the spring issue ahead of deadline and sent it in, along with some of my photos for illustrations. I'm interested to see how it goes. It should be a good situation for both me and the editor.
_______________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment