Saturday, February 13, 2016

A Full Schedule


Isn't it amazing how things go along smoothly for a time, and then all of a sudden they seem to bottleneck, and it's hard to get everything done? That's what the last couple of weeks have been like for me. I've begun to question the wisdom of trying to bring out two books at the same time, but so far I'm managing. The fact that Uprooted by War, which is with my publisher, is taking longer in the editorial process than either Cleared for Planting or Sown in Dark Soil did, has given me some extra time to work on other novels. I just hope the printing process goes faster.


Part of the problem has been my own making. I've had a sudden burst of writing motivation. I always love to write, but I've had an urge to do more than usual. I've wrapped up When Winter Is Past, and both the ebook and print versions came out on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and other sites this week. (Please check it out.) I'd given this project top priority after Uprooted by War. It took longer than I'd expected, but the process has still been pretty fast. It's always a lot of work but exciting to have a new release.


I've also done a final read-though for Promise, which is actually the first book I ever wrote. I wrote it for the adult market, but, since the main character is seventeen-years old, I think I might market it as young adult. I'm going to a writers' conference in March that will have 2 young adult editors there, and I plan to pitch the novel then. In the meantime, it received the next priority, since I wanted it in the hands of my beta readers before I take it to the conference.


When I finished Promise, I started reading and editing Transplanted to Red Clay, which will be the last book in the Appalachian Roots series. It had been a long time since I'd read it, and I want to be ready to send it to Ambassador as soon as Uprooted by War comes out. I expect to do at least one more read-through before I send it to my beta readers, because I like to let a manuscript set a few weeks before I pick it up again, so I can have fresh eyes.


After redoing Transplanted to Red Clay, I've pulled out Poor Relation to continue writing on it. This is the third book in my Early New Mexico Series, and I'll soon be half through with the rough draft. I like to have all the books finished in a series before I start publishing them, so I need to work far ahead. This enables me to go back and change anything in the first ones in order to have the last ones work best.


On top of all this, I continue church work and housework as a pastor's wife and try never to cut anything short that's important. That's why I've agreed to teach an adult Sunday school class for someone on February 21, although it's not my time to teach and I'm pretty busy. I also have a book signing all morning on the 27th. I'm not complaining about any of this, however. I love it all, and wouldn't have it any other way.
______________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment