Saturday, March 28, 2015

My First Book Signing

My first book presentation and signing for Cleared for Planting went well. We held it in Powellsville Baptist Church's Fellowship Hall last Saturday, and people came out. I appreciated all the support and encouragement.

At the beginning, I gave a brief talk about myself, my writing, and Cleared for Planting. While I signed books, Oma Askew took up the money, and people mingled and talked. I also displayed some of the earlier magazine articles I'd written, and they looked at those. I heard several people say they hadn't realized I'd written so many.


Although the time was hectic in a busy sort of way, everything went smoothly. I'm very thankful Oma volunteered to help, because it would have been rough if she hadn't. I found I was comfortable in front of the group, but I did inadvertently skip some of the information I meant to share. The most important was the fact that all the profits from the book will go to a scholarship fund for missionary children.

This was my first presentation and signing, however, so hopefully I will improve as I go along. The next presentation is scheduled for Tuesday, April 7 at 3:30 p.m. in Whitaker Library at Chowan University. I hope I have as good a turn out. Please join us if you can. You don't have to come to buy a book. I'd just appreciate your support. If you'd like to hold an event with your group, contact me. If it's feasible, I will do my best to work it out.
________________________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment