Saturday, March 14, 2015

Beginning to Market



Since my copies of Cleared for Planting came last week, I'm about to venture onto a new author's path - marketing. If I want other manuscripts to be published, then this first book must sell.  I'm excited about the prospect of getting out there, meeting people, and talking about writing and my book. I think it's going to be a lot of fun.
I launch with my first book presentation next Saturday, March 21, at 4:00 p.m. in the fellowship hall of Powellsville Baptist Church. If you're in the area, I hope you'll be there and bring friends. For those in the Stanly County area, I'll be at the Oakboro library on May 9, 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. I hope to see you then. I'm presently working with some other churches and groups to hold other events. If you'd like me to come to your group, just contact me. All profits go to a scholarship fund for children of missionaries.


One of the best ways to advertise is by word of mouth. I'm hoping to build up a network of people who'll help me get the word out. Since this is my first published book, I don't have much name recognition, and we need to change that. 
My publisher, Ambassador International, is also working on some upcoming events for me. I'm eager to see what we can do together. If anyone would like to help or offer suggestions, I'm open. I'm fully aware that I can't do this alone. But with friends helping and God directing, I can't wait to see what happens!


_________________________________________

4 comments:

  1. So excited about the events you are posting. God is indeed working through your words. Have a wonderful presentation and I hope lots of people get excited and buy you first offering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited about the events you are posting. God is indeed working through your words. Have a wonderful presentation and I hope lots of people get excited and buy you first offering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your encouragement. God has blessed. I pray that He uses whatever gifts He's given me for His glory.

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much for your encouragement. God has blessed. I pray that He uses whatever gifts He's given me for His glory.

      Delete