Sunday, March 15, 2015

How Big Is Your Faith?

Tuesday is St. Patrick's Day, and I'm reminded of a movie my husband and I watched a couple of years ago depicting the life of Patrick. As I watched him doing things like miraculously coming unscathed from a wood and dried grass hut totally engulfed in flames, I found myself skeptically thinking that this could never happen. Then, I shook myself. Do I really believe that nothing is impossible with God, or is that just something I give lip service to? I believe that Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego survived the fiery furnace, so why not St.
Patrick? I don't doubt any of the miracles in the Bible, so why would I doubt miracles since then. I certainly know that God takes an active part in our lives today, too. This became quite an eye-opener for me, and I've asked God to help me rectify this.

"But Jesus beheld them, and said unto then, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible" (Matthew 19:26).

When we really believe in the miracles of God, when we know there's nothing He can't do, then we live our lives differently. There is no problem that can get us down, because God is in control. We'll never give up on anyone, because miracles can and do happen. No one can steal our joy, because it's based on our relationship with our all-knowing, all-powerful God though Jesus Christ.


"The wonders God wants to do in our tomorrows are prepared for in our todays" (Beth Moore, Breaking Free Day by Day, kindle location 2707).

What about you? Do you truly believe anything is possible, and nothing is impossible with God? Does your life reflect this?
__________________________________________

1 comment:

  1. "In the middle of the storm, I AM holding on." The great I AM will come walking on the water to perform that miracle that you need in your life.

    ReplyDelete