Monday, April 29, 2024

Deadwood


In June of 2023, my husband and I drove to Deadwood, South Dakota, to attend an author/book festival that was part of their Wild West Days and do research for an upcoming book of mine. I wrote and published an introductory blog on the trip in July of that year (see here). 

At the end of that post, I said I would be blogging more about the trip, and I have. I've been telling about stops along the way, what I learned, and how I plan to use that knowledge in my writing. Today, I'm starting the series on Deadwood itself because my next book to be published is the one set in Deadwood.

Beckett's Brides is part of the Double Trouble multiple-author project. In the collection, the potential groom, through differing circumstances, ends up with two women to choose from, and he must make a decision. In Beckett's Brides, Dr. Beckett Steele gets a letter from his aunt that she's sending him twins to choose from. He had mentioned that he'd like to marry and start a family someday. He didn't mean now, and Deadwood was no place for two young, single ladies. What was he to do?

Beckett's Brides required a lot of research, not only what I did in Deadwood, but follow-up as well. Besides online research, I ordered two books which were immensely helpful. I kept my novel as true to the history as I could. It's on preorder now and publishes on June 1. LB Neibaur is more than halfway through producing the Audible version, and we plan to have it ready by the time the other editions are released. I think this is a book readers won't want to miss, especially if they like historical fiction. Check it out today.

Link to Beckett's Brides

___________________








No comments:

Post a Comment