Monday, September 18, 2023

Prices of Print Books

Amazon recently raised the amount they charge authors for printed books, citing increased publishing costs as the reason. I had hoped to absorb the increase and not have to raise my prices, so I gave it time to see what happened. The numbers were not good.

After much consideration, I decided I would need to raise my prices after all. All my profits go to a scholarship fund for missionary children, and if I kept the prices the way they were, I wasn't certain that I'd have enough to fund the program each year. Therefore, I've raised the prices of my paperback books on Amazon.

Paperback book sales on Amazon only make up about 1% of my total sales. About 88% or more come from Kindle Unlimited, and 11% come from Kindle ebook sales. Therefore, this price change shouldn't affect many people. For now, I'll keep my personal print books for sale priced as they are, at ten dollars each, until my present inventory has dwindled. I'm pleased and thank God that my book sales, in general, have been consistently growing, and I hope this will continue.

___________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment