Monday, August 15, 2022

Teasers at the End of a Book 


I'm seeing more and more teasers at the end of the books I read. These are usually the start of the next book in the series or another book this author has written. Either way, it is designed to hook the reader into buying another book. I don't like such teasers for several reasons.

First of all, it makes the length of the book I bought misleading. Padding the page count with unrelated material makes it look longer and more in-depth than it is. In a way, this is a bit dishonest and misleading. It certainly doesn't make me respect the authors more or consider them as acting professionally. If I want to read more, I can always read the first chapters of a new book on Amazon.

I never read the teasers. If the book I just read makes me want to read another, I will get it. However, if it doesn't, no amount of teasing will induce me to buy another one. The teasers just leave me hanging, and I never like that. I want endings to everything I read. As a writer, I have never included a teaser, and I don't intend to.

_______________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment