Monday, August 8, 2022

 Series Positions and Sales

Writing in a MAP (multiple-author project) has been a learning experience on many levels, but I've found most of it to be good. I published my first one in December 2021. Walnut Cake by Wylene was part of the Old-Timey Holiday Kitchen series, and it was a great experience. 

Energized by that success, I signed up to participate in five more MAPs toward the end of 2022.  I discovered an interesting bit of information in one of the long series.  Amazon's book pages are usually set up to show twenty books. In one of the series, I have books 20 and 22. Book 20 has sold twice as many preorders as book 22 because it is shown on the page, but the customer must click on "see all" to see book 22. If you're an author who might participate in MAPs you may want to take note of this fact and not sign up for books higher than 20. If you're a reader, please make sure you're seeing all of the books.

On reflection, I suppose this is why many of the MAPs run a follow-up series separate from the first one. This has happened on most of the ones I've seen that continue into another year with new books and promotional events. However, the one where I have book 22, is a first-time, popular series. I still have hopes it will go well, and everything will work out fine.

_____________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment