Monday, October 11, 2021

 

Series Take Over

Although I've published plenty of both, to date, I've published seven series and nine standalone so far. Those seven series have twenty-five books among them. In fact, the first four books I published were part of my Appalachian Roots series and remain popular. Here's what I've published so far:

The Appalachian Roots series -

Cleared for Planting – book one

Sown in Dark Soil – book two

Uprooted by War – book three

Transplanted to Red Clay – book four


(Slight connection but not a series or sequel) -

When Winter Is Past

With Summer’s Songs


The Farmers trilogy -

Promise – book one

Peace – book two

Pardon – book three

 

Standalones –

Mountain Mishap

It All Started at the Masquerade

Deceitful Matters

On the Road to Jericho (nonfiction)

Through the Wilderness

Unexpected

From the Top of the Mountain to the Bottom of the Sea (nonfiction)

Maneuvers

Buy the Book


In from the Storms Trilogy –

Mountain Storms

Past Storms

Dust Storms

 

Time-Told Tales –

Time Told Tales, Volume One (print and audible only)

Roselyn’s Rescue (Kindle only)

Glenda’s Gold (Kindle only)

Time-Told Tales, Volume Two (print and audible only)

Patricia’s Prison (Kindle only)

Jack’s Jewel (Kindle only)

 

Another Chance –

Off the Streets

Without a Dream


Cactus Creek –

Second-Choice Bride

Sterling Orphans

Poor Relation

Returning Neighbor

Southern Belles


Old-Timey Holiday Kitchen (MAP) –

Walnut Cake for Wylene

(Forget-Me-Not Cookies by Fern - coming later)


I am now to the place that I'm able to plan far ahead. I have a five-book series coming out in 2022, plus two books that will be part of a multiple-author project where several authors write one or more of the books in a large series. In 2023, I have two or three more MAPS, a standalone western, and a three-book series that moves to the West. 2024 will begin with a MAP, but then, I'm not sure. I have a list of ideas and even some book covers for them, but they're not firmed up enough to be sure when I'll bring them to life. 2022 is set, but there could be some slight changes in the other schedules. 

However, the series seem to be taking over. Readers tell me they prefer them, and I enjoy writing them. The books flow from one naturally into the others to get the stories told, usually of a family and sometimes of generations. Still, each of my books has a definite ending, so any of them can be read as standalones. But to get the full story, you'll need to read them all, and you should read them in order if you get more than one. Any way I look at it, my writing future looks good, and I'm excited about what's coming.

______________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment