Monday, October 25, 2021

Returning Neighbor Audible

The fourth book in the Cactus Creek series is now available on Audible. In the book, Laura Holt goes home to Cactus Creek to care for her ailing father whose health is failing after years of drinking. She's longed for her desert home for fourteen years. To her surprise, her childhood infatuation with Logan King has not faded as much as she'd thought. But Logan is struggling with problems of his own after losing his first wife in a fire, and her father is pushing her to marry the saloon owner she'd rather avoid. Soon, Laura finds herself going to her favorite fishing spot to find peace, but it's still Logan's favorite spot, too.

Again, my dual team does an excellent job of narrating the novel. I knew when I started to put this series on Audible that I'd need to do something different with so many characters in this five-book series. It was unrealistic to expect any one producer to vary his or her voice that much. Douglas Birk and Jennifer Groberg, who have recorded other books for me, have teamed up on this series to bring the characters to life. Listeners are telling me that they really enjoy the dual narration.

The team is already scheduled to produce the last book in the series, Southern Belles, and should begin work in the next few days. I hate to see this series come to an end. However, I have another five-book series (Idioms & Cliches) scheduled for next year. The generations in this one are more spread out, and it will likely require a different narrator for every book since each one is set in a different location with different characters. They are all written but not yet completely edited. At least my fans and I have something to look forward to.

________________________________



 

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete