Monday, February 22, 2021

Second-Choice Bride - New Audible 

Link to Second-Choice Bride

The Audible version of Second-Choice Bride is now out. When I started to publish a new five-book series set in New Mexico, I knew this would be a family saga, and the audible book would need so many voices it would be challenging. Therefore, I thought dual male and female narrators might be the best. When a team recommended by another author didn't respond, I contacted Douglas Birk, who had done several audible books for me, and asked if he knew of anyone he could team with. He started making plans to put out audition invitations when he asked me if I had a female narrator I could ask. I did, and Jennifer Groberg, who has done more of my Audible books than anyone, agreed. I had my team.  

Doug thought it would be a good idea to begin on the Audible before the first book, Second-Choice Bride, was actually published. He always does audio files before uploading them to ACX anyway. This way, there shouldn't have been as long a wait-time before the Audible was released. They had about three-fourths of the book finished when the print versions were released on Amazon. Doug handled all the scheduling, organizing, and coordinating. I just approved each chapter or asked for corrections when needed. But it still took ACX over 6 weeks to release the Audible book.

I'm glad this went so well because we have four more books to do after this one. In fact, we are working on Sterling Orphans, the second book in the series, now. I appreciate these two narrators more all the time. Even though Doug lives in Missouri and Jen lives in Utah, they've been able to get together via the internet to record. I'm excited about what I've heard, and I feel my listeners will love it. See my recent blog for more on Second-Choice Bride.  


________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment