Thursday, February 4, 2021

 Following God


The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower (Psalms 18:2).

Did you ever wonder why God often chose common, even uneducated men, to perform His most important tasks? Elijah is a good example. He grew up in the remote hill country to the east of the Jordan River. It was a wild, rugged environment where only the strong survived. But Elijah loved the Lord and wanted to be obedient.

Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding (Proverbs 3:5-6).

Those are two of the most important traits to being a successful person of God. People who are well-educated, have special talents and skills, or have been in leadership roles may rely on themselves and their abilities too much. God is looking for those who will look to Him for all their decisions and needs and willing to obey.  

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an unexpected end (Jeremiah 29:11).

You need not doubt God's provision. If he calls you to a task, he will provide what you need. You just need to be willing to be used by Him. When I flew across the globe in 2001 to serve as a missionary in the Philippines for six months, I had some initial misgivings, but God blessed. He was always faithful to provide as problems crumbled along the way, and I felt His close presence, even during 9-11. 

Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us (Romans 8:37).

So never feel you aren't capable to do whatever God calls you to do. Feeling inept just means you'll need to rely on God even more, and that's what He wants. God often chooses people who know they don't have the ability because they are more likely to depend on Him. Always say "yes" to God.

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning (James 1:17).

_____________________________ 

No comments:

Post a Comment