Wednesday, November 6, 2019

Talking Audible



Audio fans and Audible selections are growing by leaps and bounds in the publishing field. I am one of the listening fans, and I also have ten titles for sale on Audible with the eleventh waiting for approval. In addition, two more are lined up with their narrators to be produced soon. These are part of the over 166,000 titles now available on Audible.


My last Audible to be released
It can be a little overwhelming when choosing a narrator. I ran an unofficial poll, and listeners seemed to prefer male narrators 2 to 1, however, this didn't take into account the different genres. Since I find more females reading books that have some romance in them, I wonder if categories make a difference. Of my thirteen books on audible or soon to be in production, I've used six male and seven female narrators. I found a narrator I liked to work with, and she is responsible for five of these titles.


Douglas Birk narrated the Western historical,
Mountain Storms, now waiting for ACX approval
I normally try to choose the gender of my narrators based on the predominate main character in the book, although this may mean I have different narrators for each book in a series if the characters differ. At present, ACX has 107,777 producers to choose from, but they have a filtering system where authors can narrow the field down to the ones who fit their book and preferences. To let you know how popular this process is, right now, there are 1,881 titles open for auditions on ACX, so Audible fans will have an ever-growing supply.



______________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment