Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Longer Books


I find more and more readers telling me they are not looking for longer print or ebooks anymore. Most want books between 150 and 275 pages. They say these are long enough to develop the characters and plot without becoming tedious or taking too long to finish. The novella is growing in popularity all the time, too.


Audiobooks are the exception to this, however. On Amazon, those who subscribe to Audible are reluctant to spend a credit for a book under five hours, and they prefer those above eight hours. Authors with books over 300 pages should consider putting them on Audible. I find the process fun, and it's definitely an up and coming market. In our busy worlds, being able to listen to a good book while doing other mundane tasks is appealing.


As an author, I presently have ten books on Audible and three more in the works. I hope to soon have them all in this format and give readers/listeners another option. But I am also an avid Audible customer. I have almost 300 books in my Audible library, and I listen to an Audible book about every week and a half to two weeks. I especially have one going when I walk on the treadmill and when I drive alone. It's another way to enjoy a good book.
_________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment