Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Indies, Here I Come


As with most other professional ventures, writing is a progression. When I began publishing, I went with a traditional publisher, and they've published five of my eighteen books. Realizing that I was writing new manuscripts faster than the traditional publisher could get them out (it took them over a year on the last book), I decided to also go with a smaller, print-on-demand publisher. This one normally got the books to me in about two months.



For a number of reasons, I've decided not to use the traditional publisher anymore, at least for now. In fact, I think I'm ready to venture into more self-publishing. I published the ebooks, Roslyn's Rescue and Glenda's Gold to see if I could do it. Then, I combined the two books in a print version, Time-Told Tales. I had no problems with the ebooks and worked out the glitch in Time-Told Tales.
I'm now ready to put out more indies. I will keep the print-on-demand publisher as an option, but I like having more control over the formatting and getting everything to my liking. This also allows me to have more of the profits and more say in the release date. In addition, it will be easier to go back and correct any mistakes. The traditional publisher would make no corrections. The small publisher has been willing to do some, but I don't like to ask. I actually find self-publishing exciting, and I enjoy the creative aspect.

Coming soon










______________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment