Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Advertise from a Different Angle


Direct marketing isn't the only way for an author to advertise. Establishing themselves as an author by promoting topics related to their writing can also have great benefits. This is true for fiction writers as well as those who write non-fiction. Concise writing and short articles of interest are more and more in demand.

For example, five of my ten historical novels are set in the Appalachian Mountains. It's where I grew up and a culture I know well. By explaining this region and its people, I have interested potential readers and helped present myself as a serious author. The same can be said for other articles I've written, like the ones on history or the writing process. Like most authors, I have a wide range of topics I'm interested in and can pull from.


Actually, I don't blog, write these articles, or place posts on social media with marketing in mind. I write from the heart about what interests me. Promoting my books is just a side effect that happens automatically. I also do some direct marketing, however, and think authors should do both. But in the end, I've found that indirect, as well as direct advertising, can have great benefits.
________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment