Wednesday, August 8, 2018


Raves and Reviews


Last week, I had a librarian tell me how popular my books are with readers. She said they flew off her shelves, and everyone was raving about them. This wasn't the first time this has happened, but it always puts a big smile on my face. I find such comments very encouraging.


I've been blessed that I've received such great comments from hundreds of readers. However, I'm a little disappointed that such sentiments haven't transferred into more reviews. In fact, as my fan base has increased, my reviews have decreased. Although my first book, Cleared for Planting, has decent reviews, two of my recent books have no reviews. I check them every day in anticipation but have been disappointed for a good while now.


I know some writers have a review team that reviews their books for free copies. I have a slight concern over the ethics of buying reviews like this but, nonetheless, other authors talked me into trying it. It didn't work for me. Only about a third of the people left a review, although they received the book and agreed to do so. Then some of those left were lackluster and mechanical.


Therefore, I appeal to my readers. If you've read one or more of my books and enjoyed it, please, please leave a review on Amazon. It is the best way to say thanks to an author, and once you start, it will take no time at all. Reviews don't have to be lengthy - just tell what you liked about it or how much you enjoyed it. A sentence or two are fine. New five-star reviews would warm my heart and bring much joy.
___________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment