Wednesday, September 20, 2017

A Trunk Full of Books


I have learned that carrying books with me almost everywhere I go pays off. Although some authors rely completely on online or bookstore sales, I make much more on those I sell myself, both the ones from the traditional publisher and the indies.


I'm constantly surprised by the number of readers who don't do much online, won't consider an e-reader, and want a book they can hold in their hands and turn the pages. I also ran across a statistic today that caused me to stop to think. One-half of the people in the world never use a computer.


I sell most of the books I have at book signings and presentations, but I also sell a significant number from people asking about them and where they can be purchased. By saying I have copies with me, I make it easy for them, and the purchase is immediate, before they have time to forget. Having my books available is part of the fun of marketing.
________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment