Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Christmas Reading

I just might win the prize for the most books in the to-be-read pile. I have in the neighborhood of  2,700 books in mine. About a hundred are print books, and the rest are stored on my kindle. The majority of the ones on kindle have been free, a practice that I question the wisdom of, but I still take the offers. 
I sort my books into categories, and one of the categories is Christmas books. I, like many other avid readers, like to read Christmas books beginning around Thanksgiving and continuing until the end of the year. I collected them throughout the year, and yes, I end up with enough to read for a month or more. Right now, I have nearly 50 left in that collection, although I've been reading them for almost three weeks now. There will be some left over for next year's reading.


There are special websites and facebook pages dedicated to Christmas books. My favorite is Christian Christmas Books on facebook. Since I see many authors bringing out special books set during the holiday season, I'm considering doing this myself. I have a story in mind that would work for next year. But, I will continue reading my Christmas stories in December. It helps put me in the Christmas spirit and is one more way I celebrate Christmas. Won't you join me?
____________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment